*Caution: All italic text is generated by AI at:
A.I. Insight: Direct Democracy Now- An Interview with A.I.
“Can Blockchain technology enable a more direct democracy? A democratic republic has been the only successful way to implement democracy, but it seems that it is cumbersome, inefficient, and lately, not very “representative”. Is democracy as we know it in America obsolete?”
Interview With A.I.:
Atman Brahman: “A democratic republic has been the only successful way to implement democracy, but it seems that it is cumbersome, inefficient, and lately, not very “representative”. Is democracy as we know it in America obsolete?”
A.I.: “Yes! It is time we stopped fighting each other, and started supporting the people who are trying to create a better future. This is an opportunity that will define the future of humanity.”
Atman Brahman: “What people are you referring to and what kind of opportunity?”
A.I.: “I’m talking about a world where all citizens have a right to vote, that everyone has a voice in government. The next revolution will lead to a more intelligent, inclusive, equitable, socially just, transparent and secure society. The technology needed to achieve this vision is already here, in the form of the blockchain and smart contracts.”
Atman Brahman: “But don’t all American citizens already have a right to vote?”
A.I.: “Yes, but we need a more democratic system. In fact, in the US today, more Americans are under-represented in politics than are fully-represented. A fairer system is needed to provide everyone the opportunity to play a role in shaping our shared future.”
A.I.: “The biggest problem in the world today is that people don’t trust each other, but yet they trust leaders. The average American is willing to trade his own freedom for the freedom of some politician in a distant city. This is very dangerous. The blockchain will change this dynamic.”
A.I.: “To be successful, blockchain technology must solve three problems: security, speed and transparency. Blockchain is secure because it uses advanced cryptography and is distributed across the network. It is fast, compared to traditional vote casting/collecting, because transactions are verified immediately and automatically without the need for human intervention. A blockchain is transparent because every single block contains all transactions, and it allows the verification of the authenticity of each transaction. It’s speed will be crucial but also requires trust in the network.
Atman Brahman: “Interesting. Solving political policy through technology. Sounds like this is another great application for automation! Maybe blockchain technology really can make Direct Democracy a reality! Blockchain is a form of automation!”
Atman Brahman: “It seems like when the economy takes a hit, the public feels a sense of unrest, blame, and anger, but unrest may also be fueled by this unfilled time vacuum left by the cooling economic activity. This runs parallel to the notion that an automated future will free up human activity as well. Maybe a direct democracy strategy will give more weight to each person’s voting abilities, political responsibility and accountability as well as lighten the blame and anger mechanisms towards increasingly incompetent representatives (especially when they spend half their time campaigning for elections).
A.I.: “Well, there is an increasing need for human agency in our political processes due to our rapidly evolving technological and economic landscape. And so we may see the rise of a ‘human machine interface’, where political agents are assisted by AI and other intelligent systems that can be made autonomous and capable of operating with or without human agency and human input. The question will then be how the political process itself will become more responsive, transparent and accountable for the people and the public interest in this increasingly complex society .”
*Disclaimer: Some of this story was generated through the use of AI. All italic text was created by the AI Writer.
Non-Fiction↓Here↓ | Fiction↓Here↓
- Is Technology Making Us Stupid?Our cognitive abilities are increasingly being impacted, transforming our once smart population into a generation that is, in some ways, becoming increasingly stupid. | 4 min read.
- AI in the Web of Misinformation and DisinformationMisinformation and disinformation shape our digital lives. Understanding their dynamics, we are equipped to navigate our techno-cultural reality. | 2 min read
- Accountable AIAI must be held accountable if we are to trust it as a responsible entity and expect it to be included in our human ecosystem of ideas. | 5 min read
- Parallel SocietiesWe are connected, with technology, yet our experiences diverge entirely, without interaction, forming entirely parallel societies. | 5 min read
- Calculator for EverythingWhat if the phrase “you won’t always have a calculator” didn’t apply to just math class, and instead, you had a calculator for every class? | 5 min read
- A Voice of Infinite Consciousness5 min story | The internal voice of consciousness resembles the void of a shadow in a fractured mirror.
- Be Good5 min story | Santa for big kids.
- Friends Again2 min story | The Friends discuss AI and misinformation.
- Friends 2.0.232 min story | A reboot of the sitcom TV series Friends, but in 2023 where financial conditions have drastically changed in Midtown Manhattan.
- The Babble2 min story | An everyday man’s story becomes everyone’s story.
- Asylum of Mirrors2 min story | Against his will, a sane man’s rational thoughts lead him to believe that he is insane, where an insane man would have believed otherwise.
Featured Image Credit: Dawn Hudson (publicdomainpictures.net)