Genre: Movie Script, Satire
*Caution: All italic text is generated by AI at:
[Central Perk – All characters are in their usual seats on the couch.]
JOEY: (Looking puzzled at his smartphone) Hey, is it true that AI is going to take over the world?
ROSS: (Laughing) Well, not literally. It just means it’ll influence a lot of aspects of our lives, like jobs, healthcare, transportation…
MONICA: (Interrupting Ross) It’s all hype, Joey. The bigger problem is humans creating all sorts of misinformation and disinformation.
RACHEL: Like when you lied about Ross’ favorite sandwich being a BLT, and we all believed it for years?
CHANDLER: (Smirking) Ah yes, “the one with the sandwich conspiracy.” I remember it fondly.
[Ross sighs dramatically, and Joey looks confused.]
JOEY: (Wistfully) So, no robots taking over…?
PHOEBE: No, sweetie. But people can make things up that seem real. Everyone can believe it and it can become… like its own truth.
CHANDLER: (Nods solemnly) Like when we all agreed Janice had a lovely singing voice.
[They all laugh.]
ROSS: The problem is not just people but governments and politicians too, they are masters in spreading disinformation. Kind of like when the monkey did the research on evolution.
RACHEL: (Chuckles) If Marcel were here, we’d probably find out Ross was the missing link.
[Monica rolls her eyes, while everyone else laughs.]
MONICA: So basically, we live in a world where deception is an art? Like some twisted game where truth doesn’t matter.
PHOEBE: (Sighs sadly) That’s kinda depressing.
JOEY: (Jumps up suddenly) Wait a minute…what if I’ve been living a lie? What if I’m not a great actor?
[Everyone looks at each other awkwardly. Chandler clears his throat.]
CHANDLER: (In a sarcastic tone) No Joey, you are a great actor.
[Joey looks relieved, everyone chuckles.]
ROSS: (Putting an arm around Joey’s shoulder) Joey, don’t worry. It’s not about what others say. It’s about finding your own truth.
RACHEL: (Smiling warmly) That’s right, Joey. No amount of misinformation or disinformation can change who we are. We just have to be honest with ourselves.
[Everyone nods and raises their coffee mugs in a toast.]
ALL: To being true to ourselves!
[Monica’s Apartment – Evening.]
ROSS: (Walking in with a newspaper) Guys, listen to this. A new study shows that 72% of social media users have fallen for misinformation about AI.
PHOEBE: (Gasps) That’s worse than the time we thought Ursula was my only twin!
CHANDLER: (Grinning) Well, what can I say? The world loves a good story. Even if it is completely untrue.
RACHEL: (Sighs) But it’s so scary how we can get swayed so easily.
MONICA: (Nods) And how easily one lie can become everyone’s truth.
JOEY: (Suddenly alert) Wait…are you saying Dr. Drake Ramoray isn’t real?
ROSS: (Gently) Joey, Dr. Ramoray is real. But he’s a character you play. There’s a difference.
[Rachel’s cell phone rings.]
RACHEL: (Answering) Hello?
[Everyone continues their conversation while Rachel steps aside.]
RACHEL: (Excitedly) Oh my God, really? That’s amazing!
[Everyone stops and looks at Rachel.]
MONICA: (Curious) What is it, Rach?
RACHEL: (Beaming) My boss just called. Apparently, a “mysterious tip” revealed that my design was copied. They’re reinstating my original work!
[Everyone claps and cheers.]
CHANDLER: (Laughs) Talk about a twist! Here I thought governments were the only ones dabbling in disinformation!
RACHEL: I guess the truth always comes out in the end!
ROSS: (Toasts with his mug) To truth, in a world of deception!
[They all raise their mugs.]
ALL: To the truth!
[As the laughter and cheers fade, the camera pulls back for a wider view of the friends and their inseparable bond in an ever confusing world.]
*Disclaimer: Some of this story was generated through the use of AI. All italic text was created by the AI Writer.
Non-Fiction↓Here↓ | Fiction↓Here↓
- Is Technology Making Us Stupid?Our cognitive abilities are increasingly being impacted, transforming our once smart population into a generation that is, in some ways, becoming increasingly stupid. | 4 min read.
- AI in the Web of Misinformation and DisinformationMisinformation and disinformation shape our digital lives. Understanding their dynamics, we are equipped to navigate our techno-cultural reality. | 2 min read
- Accountable AIAI must be held accountable if we are to trust it as a responsible entity and expect it to be included in our human ecosystem of ideas. | 5 min read
- Parallel SocietiesWe are connected, with technology, yet our experiences diverge entirely, without interaction, forming entirely parallel societies. | 5 min read
- Calculator for EverythingWhat if the phrase “you won’t always have a calculator” didn’t apply to just math class, and instead, you had a calculator for every class? | 5 min read
- A Voice of Infinite Consciousness5 min story | The internal voice of consciousness resembles the void of a shadow in a fractured mirror.
- Be Good5 min story | Santa for big kids.
- Friends Again2 min story | The Friends discuss AI and misinformation.
- Friends 2.0.232 min story | A reboot of the sitcom TV series Friends, but in 2023 where financial conditions have drastically changed in Midtown Manhattan.
- The Babble2 min story | An everyday man’s story becomes everyone’s story.
- Asylum of Mirrors2 min story | Against his will, a sane man’s rational thoughts lead him to believe that he is insane, where an insane man would have believed otherwise.