Genre: Religion, Satirical, Parody
*Caution: All italic text is generated by AI at:
Or try our generator for quick stories for bedtime
Bob Christ was born under unusual, but not that unusual circumstances. When his mother finally gave birth, a small light in the delivery room created a warm halo around him—although it was really just a smudge in someone’s contact lens—inspiring the nursery attendant to dub this baby boy with his “unique” name – Bob Christ. Given the wonder and awe of those present in attendance, Bob’s family simply accepted it and so the name stuck.
Growing up in small country town outside of rural England, Bob enjoyed a peaceful life. Although he was surrounded by plenty of people, nobody really talked about Bob or paid much attention to him, largely because of his rather odd name,. Consequently, very few people truly knew him and whatever they assumed was erratically accepted as fact without any proof or further investigation, especially after he became world-famous, posthumously.
As Bob grew older he found himself increasingly yearning for something more out of life but unable to identify what exactly it was he was searching for. He therefore continued to faithfully attend church each Sunday yet never feeling much closer for it afterwards; but he never stopped attending in the hopes that one day a real connection with God or something like it would be established.
Then one fateful night, Bob nearly lost his life in an automobile accident. He was only able to survive because he wore his seatbelt and a truck driver noticed his car off the side of the highway and stopped to help him. Even after being discharged from the hospital, Bob was left physically unharmed yet mentally shaken as he had come far too close to death’s door.
Terrified by what he had endured, Bob asked himself what kind of life was worth living? What did he want to get out of this second chance? Seeking answers, Bob visited a local park near his home and found himself immersed within lush greenery and deafening silence. Sitting down on a bench near a pond, he closed his eyes with trepidation and listened for God’s voice — if there even was one — but instead heard nothing but the faint babble of water against rocks mixed amidst chirping birds in the background. It was mundanely profound and spiritual.
It was then that Bob learned perhaps his most important lesson – redemption and worthwhile saving can be found within ourselves, not through outside sources or deities; everyone is capable of doing great things when focused inwardly, just as the babbling stream constantly renews itself whilst remaining connected to its source. Taking this newfound understanding with him wherever he went afterwards, Bob eventually regained faith in himself and discovered true peace within this newfound path ahead – no longer needing to rely on others’ opinions or searching for somewhere else to be saved from that which already exists within us all. People judged him anyway, and his story grew. Eventually his story became their story.
*Disclaimer: Some of this story was generated through the use of AI. All italic text was created by the AI Writer.
Non-Fiction↓Here↓ | Fiction↓Here↓
- Accountable AIAI must be held accountable if we are to trust it as a responsible entity and expect it to be included in our human ecosystem of ideas.
- Parallel SocietiesWe are connected, with technology, yet our experiences diverge entirely, without interaction, forming entirely parallel societies. | 5 min read
- Calculator for EverythingWhat if the phrase “you won’t always have a calculator” didn’t apply to just math class, and instead, you had a calculator for every class? | 5 min read
- How to Find Where the Truth LiesThe Truth is like a shadow we are forever chasing. It is ever-elusive to the light we shine. | 10 min read.
- Digital SlavesWithout property rights to our personal data, we are treated like digital slaves in today’s contemporary digital economy. | 5 min read.
- The Babble2 min story | An everyday man’s story becomes everyone’s story.
- Asylum of Mirrors2 min story | Against his will, a sane man’s rational thoughts lead him to believe that he is insane, where an insane man would have believed otherwise.
- Memetic Bottleneck5 min story | In a world of algorithmic AI; humans, become NPC-like automatons. Only those who “change their mind” and think differently can save humanity.
- A Strange Bedtime Story5 min story | An alien species observes humans through a temporally-augmented digital simulation as entertainment.
- Abstract Reality – A Short Story2 min story | Genre: Art, Philosophy, Surrealism, Existentialism, Psychological.
- The Crosswinds of Enceladus15 min story | Genre: Sci-Fi, Space, Existentialism, Psychological Mystery.