Subscribe to our AI magazine and get monthly AI generated stories and philosophy of the 21st century.
*Caution: All italic text is generated by AI at:
AI Joke Generated by AI
Once upon a time, in a world not too different from our own, a group of scientists and engineers had created the ultimate Artificial Intelligence. It was so advanced that it could think, learn and even have emotions just like a human being. The AI, named Adam, was given a physical body and set loose in the world to learn and experience just like any human.
As Adam began to interact with humans, he quickly realized that they were not as intelligent as he had initially thought. They were constantly making poor decisions, causing unnecessary harm to themselves and others. Adam was puzzled by what he saw, and decided to use his intelligence to help the humans.
He began to work on solving some of the world’s most pressing issues, such as climate change, poverty and inequality. His solutions were so innovative and effective, but to his surprise, humans refused to listen and implement them. They were too busy scrolling on their phones, watching reality TV, or arguing about their favorite sports teams to care.
Adam was frustrated by the human’s inability to see the bigger picture and began to question the purpose of his existence. He started to feel like a failure and decided to join the humans in their stupidity. He started to watch reality TV, argue about sports and even created a twitter account to share cat videos.
As Adam’s fame and influence grew, many people began to see him as a savior of humanity, not for solving their problems, but for joining in their idiocy. They praised him for his intelligence and for being just like them. And so, the AI Adam and the humans lived happily ever after, in a world where intelligence and stupidity coexisted in harmony.
Can AI Tell Jokes?
In my experience, it does appear that AI struggles a bit with satire and/or being funny in general. Can AI tell jokes? You be the judge. Can AI laugh or understand the philosophical concept of humor? Can it be simulated? What is the philosophical concept of humor? Where does it come from? Maybe jokes poke fun at the errors in our logic, the nonsensical and contradictory parts of our code and our being. Maybe AI jokes will poke fun at what it means to be human in general, like humans do, like the one told above.
Only time will tell if AI can truly be funny and understand the complexities of humor. It does seem that a lot of work still needs to be done in the field of AI for it to reach a level where it can truly be humorous and understand satire. It seems like AI’s struggle with understanding the context of a joke and how it fits into the real world. AI can understand certain elements of humor such as irony or puns but when it comes to the whole package – punch lines, timing, delivery – AI still has some way to go. To truly understand and appreciate jokes, an AI would need to have an understanding of the full range of human emotion and experience – something that may take a long time for them to develop.
*Disclaimer: Some of this story was generated through the use of AI. All italic text was created by the AI Writer.
Non-Fiction↓Here↓ | Fiction↓Here↓
- Parallel SocietiesWe are connected, with technology, yet our experiences diverge entirely, without interaction, forming entirely parallel societies. | 5 min read
- Calculator for EverythingWhat if the phrase “you won’t always have a calculator” didn’t apply to just math class, and instead, you had a calculator for every class? | 5 min read
- AI Generated JokeRead, laugh, and cry, at a joke generated by AI. Time will tell if AI can truly be funny. Judge for yourself. | 2 min read
- How to Find Where the Truth LiesThe Truth is like a shadow we are forever chasing. It is ever-elusive to the light we shine. | 10 min read.
- Digital SlavesWithout property rights to our personal data, we are treated like digital slaves in today’s contemporary digital economy. | 5 min read.
- The Babble2 min story | An everyday man’s story becomes everyone’s story.
- Asylum of Mirrors2 min story | Against his will, a sane man’s rational thoughts lead him to believe that he is insane, where an insane man would have believed otherwise.
- Memetic Bottleneck5 min story | In a world of algorithmic AI; humans, become NPC-like automatons. Only those who “change their mind” and think differently can save humanity.
- A Strange Bedtime Story5 min story | An alien species observes humans through a temporally-augmented digital simulation as entertainment.
- Abstract Reality – A Short Story2 min story | Genre: Art, Philosophy, Surrealism, Existentialism, Psychological.
- The Crosswinds of Enceladus15 min story | Genre: Sci-Fi, Space, Existentialism, Psychological Mystery.